Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2017

What Sold Sunday

What sold this week?  A big ole pile of nothing!  Ok..a few things but seriously, this is the slowest month since I started and the things that are selling don't amount to much.  I've been doing this for a year now so I went in and drastically reduced the prices of things that I've had for a year.  A few of those have moved out (at drastically reduced prices) so at least they are gone and I made a small amount.  Other sales have been hugely disappointing.  Oh well.  This business is a gamble.  It's an educated gamble once you learn the ropes - but its still a gamble.  Here are the things I've sold:


I sold 2 sets of Med couture scrubs for $16.50 each.  I paid a combined total of $4 for the scrubs because I got them during a $1 sale at Goodwill.  After fees I made a total profit of $23.08.  I always mail scrub sets and other clothing that is too heavy for First Class in a Flat Rate envelope for $5.77.  The only brands of scrubs I look for are Med Couture and Grey's Anatomy because they seem to sell fairly quickly with an okay profit if I can get them cheap enough.  




 Men's BKE shirts are fairly reliable sells too.  They aren't high dollar but have a good sell through rate.  I bought this at Goodwill for $2.74 and sold for $14.99 which gave me a profit of $10.11.  I TRY to only purchase items that will give me at LEAST a $10 profit.  I have the basic Ebay store which is 250 listings a month which is all I have time for since I work full time and have a toddler.  Because I am limited in time and listings, I need to make sure to focus on quality over quantity.



I've had these Nike running shoes for almost a year.  I know a lot of sellers who look for shoes, but I have not had good luck with them overall.  You have to be really careful and check that the glue is still good, soles aren't cracked, and they have minimal toe indention.  Unless I can score them for super cheap, I don't really deal in shoes.  I got these from a yardsale last year for $1 so they were worth the gamble.  I took a best offer of $20.99 and mailed them in a region a box.  After fees I made a profit of $16.81


Now for a return.  I HATE returns.  My stomach actually drops when I hear the "You have a message" sound from my ebay app.  I haven't had very many problems over the last year but I have learned that if someone wants to return something, you may as well go with it, even if losing money because Ebay does NOT take the seller's side very often and if they get involved, you will get a defect rating.  I've only received one defect over the past year but I do not want another.

I sold these new Med Couture pants in January for $18.99  + shipping.  A few days later the buyer messaged me and said I neglected to mention they were petite and she does not wear petite.  I was a little annoyed because I photographed the inside size label AND the hang tag and listed them as 8705P which is the same way the Med Couture people differentiate between regular and petite BUT she was half right because I did not explicitly state "petite" in description or title. I KNEW ebay would take her side so I went ahead and paid return shipping and issued a full refund.  I'm still salty about it but at least I didn't get a defect AND I learned a lesson.  

I'm going to go ahead and speak in faith that the next week of sales will be much more exciting than this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment